Latest updates and information from Ofqual
The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual) regulates qualifications, examinations and assessments in England and NAHT meet with Ofqual regularly.
Arrangements for awarding qualifications in 2022
Ofqual has recently published their response to the consultation on arrangements for non-exam assessment (NEA) and fieldwork requirements for students entering qualifications in 2022. These include:
- Allowing for a range of adjustments to NEA arrangements for certain qualifications to accommodate public health restrictions
- A number of changes regarding fieldwork in Geography, Geology GCSE, AS and A Levels and Environmental Science AS and A Level to accommodate lost learning time.
- Modifications to GCSE English Language and GCSE Modern Foreign Languages qualifications to account for lost learning time, with contingency assessment arrangements for spoken language to be published at a later date.
Arrangements for awarding qualifications in 2021
In January 2021, the government confirmed that in summer 2021, usual exams would not be going ahead. General qualifications and some Vocational and Technical qualifications (VTQs) would be awarded based on an assessment of evidence whilst other VTQs have other approaches.
- Ofqual has launched a tool to explain the approach for individual qualifications.
- Ofqual has also published a student guide to awarding for summer 2021.
- Guidance for awarding general qualifications can be found here.
- Ofqual's response to the consultation on the GQ Alternative Awarding Framework can be found here and guidance on the review and appeals process can be found here.
To receive email updates from Ofqual, sign up here.
Ofqual has recently published their response to a consultation on Non-Exam Assessment arrangements for 2022 which you can access here.
If you need to get in touch with Ofqual regarding a complaint, you can find their complaints procedure here.
First published 09 July 2021